We are happy to inform you that – after the first successful Biennale – the 2nd VPL Biennale will take place on April 26 and 27, 2017. We welcome you in Aarhus, Denmark.
The fee for the conference is €240 plus 25% VAT. The total fee including VAT is €300.Register now
Read more about this biennale
Much research has been done (and is going on) on the added value of the learning outcomes approach in National Qualification Frameworks (NQFs), the effectiveness of Human Resources Management-systems (HRM) and the methods for Validation of Prior Learning (VPL).
The mission of the 2nd VPL Biennale is to share information, knowledge, ideas and visions on the practice of VPL: the user in the center. The user is understood as the learner, the worker, the unemployed, the teacher/trainer, the employer, the trade unionist, etc.
The central theme of the 2nd VPL Biennale focuses on the alluring perspective of the integration of VPL in running processes and in systems of learning and working! It’s time for practising VPL!
The crucial question to be answered in this respect is how to further implement VPL as an effective method in lifelong learning perspectives, being able to integrate all citizens effectively and quality-assured into lifelong learning strategies at all levels and in all environments and contexts?
This question relates to priority areas in the practice of sectors, regions, organisations and citizens, related to enhancing lifelong learning perspectives and to fostering social and economic progress by:
- integrating VPL in all learning levels and environments.
- opening up concrete and real learning opportunities for all citizens with a special focus on underrepresented groups and non-traditional learners.
- strengthening the levels of professionalism in VPL-functions to be able to cope with customer-steered and competence-based lifelong learning, like functions of guidance, individualised and flexible teaching/learning, managing flexibilised programmes.
- How to move from fragmentation to integration in VPL arrangements?
- How to support and serve the user in a VPL process (identification, documentation, assessment and certification)?
- What’s the power of self-management of competences?
- How to understand the use for validation seen from the user (learners, workers, unemployed and employers)? Understanding the biography and development from the individual?
- The role and competences of validation practitioners as guiders, assessors and other staff involved in validation processes?
- What’s the position of research in creating VPL practices?
The 2nd VPL Biennale aims at strengthening the platform for policy makers, practitioners, users, researchers and other stakeholders that are involved in further developing/implementing VPL.
The 2nd VPL Biennale is about sharing information, knowledge, ideas and visions on VPL ánd about the creative process of learning from each other’s successes, problems and solutions in ‘the VPL-world’.
A two yearly event for deciding on the strategy of
Validation of Prior Learning… worldwide
The Biennale Committee 2017
NVL, Nordic network for Adult Learning
UNESCO, Institute for Lifelong Learning
EC-VPL, the Netherlands
NVR – VIA University College / NVL Expert Network for Validation, Denmark